Skip to Main Content
CINAHL ( Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature ) This link opens in a new window
Provides access to virtually all English language nursing journals as well as publications from the American Nurses' Association and the National League for Nursing.
EBSCOHost ebooks This link opens in a new window
Over 20,000 full-text eBooks. Search with your topic or browse the Health & Medicine category (includes many advanced practice & theory titles).
- Introduction to CINAHL- Video
- An Introduction to the CINAHL database, including instructions on searching for and obtaining articles.
- Advanced Searching in CINAHL- Video
- This tutorial explains how to do more precise, advanced searching within the CINAHL database. Using the Advanced Search feature, Citation Chasing, different types of articles (included peer-reviewed, review, and research articles) will be discussed.
- Using CINAHL/MeSH Subject Headings - Video
- This tutorial demonstrates how to create a search using the CINAHL/MeSH Headings functionality in EBSCOhost.
MEDLINE This link opens in a new window
Provides authoritative information from over 4,800 journals related to medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, and more.
Health Source : Nursing Edition This link opens in a new window
Covers all areas of nursing and allied health sciences. Includes scholarly journals, trade publications, and drug patient education sheets.
ScienceDirect This link opens in a new window
Database of 1800+ journals, including many in Nursing & Health Professions. Search for your topic or browse journals by title. Use Request It
for journals that we don’t subscribe to.
Finding Cultural Information
A to Z the World : Country Guides This link opens in a new window
Covers the culture, customs, food, religion, language and points of interest for 175 countries. Also includes maps.
Human Relations Area File - World Cultures This link opens in a new window
eHRAF World Cultures is an online cross-cultural database that contains information on all aspects of cultural and social life. The annually-growing eHRAF database is unique in that the information is organized by cultures and ethnic groups and the full-text sources are subject-indexed at the paragraph level.
McNairy Library Videos for Nursing
McNairy Library • Millersville University • 9 North George St., Millersville, PA 17551 • (717) 871-7111 • Comments? Let us know!
© Copyright 2016. All Rights Reserved. Millersville University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Institution. A Member of Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education.