Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Mission, Core Values, and Vision
We are a learner-centered hub for the university community, dedicated to educating, inspiring, and connecting people with ideas, information, and each other.
- We anticipate, identify and initiate new practices and capabilities to evolve or transform services, resources and spaces
- We empower learners to discover and evaluate information so as to transform it into new knowledge
- We connect the University Community by driving learning and creativity across disciplines and institutions
- We reach out to our learning community in order to create connections, strengthen relationships, and raise awareness of the library’s unique role in supporting the curriculum across disciplines
- We prioritize the needs of our learners by educating and informing our community about resources, learning spaces, innovative learning opportunities, and the creation of knowledge
- We adapt to evolving community needs and implement relevant responses in a timely, flexible, and engaging manner in support of the University and Library missions.
We will develop new and collaborative approaches to engage learners in creating, sharing, and preserving intellectual and imaginative works.
Library Strategic Plan, 1-25-2018
The Library Strategic Plan is the result of a 3 year planning process involving all areas of the Library. It is a working document that will continue to be updated, 2018- 2020. Four areas of focus over the next two years are: communication, implementing new technologies, expanding conceptions of Library collections, building new partnerships across campus and beyond.
McNairy Library • Millersville University • 9 North George St., Millersville, PA 17551 • (717) 871-7111 • Comments? Let us know!
© Copyright 2016. All Rights Reserved. Millersville University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Institution. A Member of Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education.